Friday, May 18, 2012

The Hostas' Progress


hostas 4-14-12, originally uploaded by Bumble Lush.

What a difference a few weeks make. These are my hostas on April 14, when the plant on the right started to emerge--much later than its friend on the left. (I was happy to see those little shoots, I didn't think it was coming back).


hosta progress

Here they are just 11 days later, on April 25.


hostas 5-6-12

And here they are on May 6. The plant on the right is fully grown, just 3 weeks after it popped out of the soil. Amazing.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it caught up! I knew you were worried from the post awhile back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Yes, I was wondering what the heck happened to it!

      Delete
  2. It is amazing! Just turn your back on them for a minute, and those hostas reappear like magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! This past week we got a lot of rain, and that helped some of my other plants.

      Delete
  3. The Hosta has been very early this year. Mine have too, some ahead of others which is common of course. I've been out taking photos of mine also. Have a nice weekend.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... Its almost in level with the older plant now. Both your hostas look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just shooting up here too and even after the freezes they went through...amazing plants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your hosta came back. I have a peony like that, too. The others are going crazy and it looks stunted and then springs to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! It just wanted you to worry about it a little! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wonderments and little surprises are among the things that make gardening a pleasure. I am glad the second hosta caught up to its neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hostas are so tough and resilient. I gave up one for dead only to have it pop out of the ground a few days later. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my garden site. I appreciate the time it takes to read posts and comment. Happy Gardening!