Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Life of Pi: Book Recommendation



I just heard that the book Life of Pi is being turned into a movie. I first read this book almost 10 years ago and it instantly made it to my Top 10 list of favorite books ever read. On the surface, it's the story of a boy who is stuck on a boat with a tiger, but I think it's really a book about faith and self-reliance.

Whenever I hear of books being made into movies, I usually want to read the book first and get the story and characters in my head before I see someone else's interpretation. So if you haven't read it, and want an interesting but easy read for the summer, I highly recommend this book.

Have you read Life of Pi? What did you think of it?

4 comments:

  1. It's one of my all-time favorites, too! They've been talking about making the movie for many years, but it sounds like it will finally happen. It will be interesting to see how they handle the various scenes... Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried reading it once, but I couldn't get engaged. Maybe I should give it another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to read this and will give it a go now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While i enjoyed the book I have to admit struggling with the ending a bit, I found it very uncomfortable but then I guess thats the point. Not sure how they will make it into a film - interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my garden site. I appreciate the time it takes to read posts and comment. Happy Gardening!