January is the time to get back to my routine, and I'm playing catch-up in a few areas, such as with my local food challenges. I recently missed our themed Brunch Week, and while I had ideas about whipping up some fantastic apple pancakes, on Sunday we decided on just a plain old omelet. I tried to make it fancy with spinach and mozzarella.
- Eggs - Bivalve, MD (but purchased at WF in the local food section)
- Mozzarella - from the Blue Ridge Dairy in VA
- Butter - this butter came from PA, but I;m actually switching to a non-dairy/non-soy butter
- Spinach - farmers' market (frozen)
- Onion - harvested from my garden earlier this year
- Bell pepper - from my garden. We have overwintered some pepper plants indoors and they're still producing!