Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today's Harvest

We harvested a bunch of purple beans today. Last week we only picked 4, but today we picked about a handful (estimated 1/2 lb or so). We also picked another 4 squash--3 yellow and 1 Lebanese variety of zucchini (the pale green one). I'm keeping track of what we harvest on the "Harvest to Date" link up top.


The other drama...there are hornets making a nest near our deck. They need to go. Matt's out there taking care of them right now. And some sad news--a poor little squirrel got tangled in the net around the blueberries, and sadly it didn't make it. We picked the last 4 or 5 blueberries that were ripe and took the net down. I wanted to keep critters out, but I don't want any of them to die. They can have the rest of the blueberries. We picked about a pint, which is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my garden site. I appreciate the time it takes to read posts and comment. Happy Gardening!