Thursday, February 2, 2012

An Award?! I'm Verklempt!

What a great way to start February! The lovely Julia at Polka Dot Galoshes, Tammy from Casa Mariposa and Holley from Roses and Other Gardening Joys have nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award. I'm touched and honored. I'm happily surprised that people visit and read this blog when there are so many wonderful blogs to visit. Your comments encourage me to keep trying. I thank all of you for following me along on my garden screw-ups journey. 


Here are the rules of the award:
  • Post the Versatile Blogger Award to your post/blog.
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you with a link back to their blog. 
  • In the same post, share seven completely random pieces of information about yourself. 
  • In the same post, include this set of rules. 
  • Forward this award to fellow bloggers, and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs. 
Here comes the hard part. I want to give this award to many blogs but it looks like many have received it already, so I'll try to pick some that haven't mentioned yet. This has made me realize that I need to start a blog roll for the many blogs I like to read. For now I'll list just a few that I'd like to pass this to, in no particular order. It's a mix of veggie gardeners, everything gardeners, talented photographers, and some who raise chickens!
Your Apples Are My Oranges
Cohocton River Rock Micro Farm
Pam's English Cottage Garden
Girl Sprout
The Whimsical Gardener
Curbstone Valley
Deb's Garden
Enclosure
A Woman of the Soil
Urban Hennery

7 Things About Me:
  1. I may have mentioned this in other posts, but I'm an animal lover. I have two cats, have fostered kittens, and get my fix of dogs, bunnies, and other house pets at the local animal shelter where I volunteer one or two nights a week. No matter how rotten my day is at work, I know these little fuzzballs will give me nothing but love and companionship without judgement. Sometimes a girl needs that, you know?
  2. I like to make lists and spreadsheets for just about everything. [Except lists about myself. ;) ]
  3. I'm a bit particular about some foods. I like strawberries, but not strawberry yogurt. I like citrus fruit but hate citrus-flavored candy. I prefer limeade to lemonade.
  4. However, I've never met a potato dish I didn't like!
  5. I've never been to Las Vegas. Everyone I know has been. I think I missed that rite of passage.
  6. I LOVE the Golden Girls. I love that some channels re-run episodes back-to-back in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Sophia is my favorite!
  7. I've been thinking of running a 5K this year. Now that I put it on the internet I guess I have to do it.
This was fun. Thanks again Julia, Tammy, and Holley, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations it is well deserved and thanks for passing it on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats...I love this award because you can get to know bloggers on a more personal level :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Vegas, either! I thought I was the only one! I keep thinking I should go some day. Good luck on running the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award times three. So many are posting about themselves. I find so many things that I share with the nominees, too. Like you, I love animals almost more than life itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading the random facts about yourself! I think it would be so interesting to work at an animal shelter. How do you resist bringing them home with you? And thanks for including my blog on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you share your garden mishaps and successes on your blog. I downloaded the personal running trainer MP3 on amazon. I'm only trying to run a mile, but there is one for a 5k.

    Thanks for the kinds thoughts and for including my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Golden Girls is awesome and Vegas is overrated. My knees are 42 going on 92 so I'll leave the running to you. :o) As for animals?? The best, the best, the best!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bumble Lush, You deserve this award for your oh, so versatile blog. Congratulations and thank you for passing it on to me. P. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for stopping by my garden site. I appreciate the time it takes to read posts and comment. Happy Gardening!